There are a variety of fishing techniques to catch our fish which include, wading the flats, kayaking, or drifting using all types of tackle, level winds reels, spinning reels and fly rods. The lures include live bait, hand tied flies, spoons, jig, plugs and top water lures. Our guides are adept at them all.
Fly fishing for redfish and trout is often compared to bonefishing. Wading or drifting through the shallow flats, the angler finds the fish by sight, hunts the quarry, then casts. The redfish are bottom feeders, their tail fins protrude from the water. The cast is placed so that the redfish will take the bait and run. Redfish are tough, expect a lengthy battle to actually boat the fish.
The guides are the most important part of any fishing program. Redfish Lodge has the finest team of fishing guides in South Texas. They compete amongst themselves for the largest catch but they work as a team, assisting each other in finding the hottest fishing spots. These men have earned a reputation for providing quality fishing for all levels from the novice to the most experienced angler.
- at daybreak, our staff will drive you to the boat ramp.
- our guides will boat you to the hottest fishing holes.
- all tackle, rods, reels and lures and live bait are provided.
- minimum of five hours of guided fishing per day even if limited out.
- unlimited lighted catch and release, shore wade and pier fishing at the lodge.
- catch is cleaned, frozen or iced in your complimentary cooler.
- 21 - 24 foot shallow water boats with 150 - 200 hp Mercury motors
- G.Loomis rods
- all types of lures
- Shimano reels
- live bait: croakers, and shrimp
- wading gear, waders, bait buckets, etc.